Meet a member of the Spanish Wine Tasting Association 🍾 and other wine lovers from all around the globe 🙋🏻 on a walking tour of 3 restaurants where you will learn how to pair the signature tapas of the country with the Award-Winning Wines of Spain🥇
• 65€ all food and wine included, enough for dinner☑️
• Small groups, not touristy, more like a local friend showing you around☑️
• Award-winning wines from my cellar🍷
• Tour is in English, in the evening & in Old Madrid🏰
• Reviews: Viator☑️ ¦ Tripadvisor☑️
Old Town Madrid Gourmet Tapas and Wine Tour Details:
Next, I’ll whisk you off to my favorite ham bar to taste Spain’s finest food: “Jamón Ibérico de bellota” paired with Victoria 2 – best Spanish white wine (Gourmets Wine Guide). The wine has intense melon aromas and flavors that compliment the ham to perfection. We will also taste other iberico cold cuts like chorizo, lomo and salchicon.
Next comes the famous Spanish omelette. A dish hard to pair due to one ingredient: onion, a well-known wine killer. Luckily, Manzanilla, the most original Spanish wine, pairs onion to perfection. We will taste my favorite: Manzanilla Solear Pasada en Rama – International Wine Challenge 2013 Gold Medal.
It is now time to go deeper into Old Madrid through its narrow cobblestone streets and make our way to a restaurant housed inside an 18th-century mansion!
We will sit down to devour Presa Iberica, Spain’s favorite cut of Ibérico pork, which accounts for a mere five pounds of the pig’s weight, hence the price of forty dollars a pound.
Now is perfect time to begin with the reds. We will start with Rioja Viña Ardanza 2008 – best Spanish wine (Wine Spectator). Depending on group size I will open more of my favorite Spanish reds: Alto Moncayo, Mauro, Clio, Somni, etc.
To round off the night we will taste two unforgettable dessert wines:
• 25-year-old PX La Cañada – best sweet Spanish wine (Gourmets Guide). The wine will perform a miracle by turning vanilla ice cream into rum & raisins ice cream with a caramel note and a toffee finish.
• Alvear PX de Añada – one of the very few Spanish wines to achieve the highest honor in the world of wine: Robert Parker 100 points. What we will have this wine with is so surprising that I ‘d rather keep it secret.
The cost of 65 euros covers all tapas & wine as well as access to a Google map of my favorite bars and attractions.
Tour starts in the city center in the evening from Tuesday to Saturday. Minimum age is 25 (exceptions can be made). Groups are small, maximum of 10 (except on request).