Join a member of the Spanish Wine Tasting Association on a walking tour of his favorite restaurants to learn how to pair the signature tapas of the country with unforgettable wines you will not find in bars or other tapas tours.
• Small groups, not touristy, more like a local friend showing you around.
• Award-winning wines, all coming from my private cellar.
• 65€ all tapas and wine tasting included, enough for dinner.
• The tour is in English, in the evening and at the most historical part of Madrid: The Hapsburgs.
• Verified Viator reviews (more reliable than Tripadvisor reviews).
Madrid Tapas Tour Description
Next, I’ll whisk you off to my favorite ham bar to taste Spain’s finest food: “Jamón Ibérico de bellota“, which we will pair with Victoria 2 best Spanish white wine (Gourmets Wine Guide). The wine has intense melon aromas and flavors that compliment the ham to perfection. We will also taste other iberico cold cuts like chorizo, lomo and salchicon.
Next comes the famous Spanish omelette. A dish hard to pair due to one ingredient: onion, a well-known wine killer. Luckily, Manzanilla, the most original Spanish wine, pairs onion to perfection. We will taste my favorite: Manzanilla Solear Pasada en Rama International Wine Challenge 2013 Gold Medal
It is now time to go deeper into Old Madrid through its narrow cobblestone streets and make our way to a restaurant housed inside an 18th-century mansion!
We will sit down to taste Presa Iberica, Spain’s favorite cut of Ibérico pork, which accounts for a mere five pounds of the pig’s weight, hence the price of forty dollars a pound.
Now is perfect time to begin with the reds. We will start with Rioja Viña Ardanza 2008 best Spanish wine (Wine Spectator) Depending on group size I will open more premium red wines from the most exciting Spanish wine regions: Rioja, Priorato, Ribera del Duero and Toro.
To round off the night we will taste two unforgettable dessert wines:
• 25-year-old PX La Cañada, best sweet Spanish wine (Gourmets Guide). The wine will perform a miracle by turning vanilla ice cream into rum & raisins ice cream with a caramel note and a toffee finish.
• Alvear PX de Añada, one of the very few Spanish wines to achieve the highest honor in the world of wine: Robert Parker 100 points.
What we will have this wine with is so surprising that I ‘d rather keep it secret.
The cost of 65 euros covers all tapas & wine as well as access to a Google map of my favorite bars and attractions.
Tour starts in the city center at 19:20 from Tuesday to Saturday, and at 12.30 pm on Sundays. Minimum age is 25 (exceptions can be made). Groups are small, maximum of 10 (except on request).