Old Town Madrid Tapas & Wine Tour
1 Join a member of the Spanish Wine Tasting Association
2 In the part of Madrid everybody’s talking about: La Latina
3 On a tour of his favorite bars to taste their best tapas paired with award-winning wines from his cellar 🍾
Don’t worry if you are not too keen on any of the dishes, I always have a plan B.
1) Tour begins in the most popular tavern in Old Madrid sipping on the aperitif of the city, vermouth on tap, which we will pair with olives🍡 and breathtaking croquetas 😋
2) Next, I’ll whisk you off to Madrid’s most beautiful wine bar where we will drink Spain’s finest white wine: Albariño. We will take advantage of the opportunity to taste a special type of tapas called “tostas”.
3) It is now time to go deeper into Old Madrid through its narrow cobblestone streets and make our way to the highest rated restaurant in the neigborhood.
We will sit down to cook the famous Presa Iberica on ceramic red hot plates.
4) Now it is perfect time to begin with the reds🍷 I ll uncork different wines from my own cellar depending on group size. I open outstanding wines, you won’t find elsewhere, such as Viña Arana Gran Reserva 2015 (Rioja). Write to me if you want to know exactly what wines I will open on a particular day.
5) To round off the night we will taste the king of all Spanish dessert wines: Pedro Ximenez Perez. The wine will perform a miracle by turning vanilla ice-cream into rum & raisins ice-cream with a caramel note and a toffee finish.
Tour starts in the city center, in the evening, from Monday to Saturday. On Sundays the tour takes place at lunch time in order to take advantage of La Latina Sundays tradition. It lasts about 3 hours. Minimum age is 21 (exceptions can be made).
Groups are small, maximum of 10 (except on request).